Sunday, February 25, 2018

Adventure #2 ~ An Unexpected Adventure!

Something we didn't plan for...

Last Saturday, I took a terrible fall, landing directly on my shoulder, breaking my humerus in three places, up toward the shoulder. Ouch is not a strong enough word for the pain I have!
This meant our list had its first hiccup.

We were supposed to go to Phoenix last Thursday for a hard hat tour of the construction at the track. Since I didn't get out of the hospital till Monday, traveling 3 days later was definitely out of the question.

The results of the x-rays and CT showed the 3 breaks were nice and clean, aligning correctly. They applied a brace to immobilize my arm from the shoulder down to the elbow. Once pain management was established, and after OT & PT confirmed that I was good to go home, I was discharged.  So long as nothing has shifted this last week, and healing is happening like he wants to see, they won't have to go in surgically to pin it together.

Our next trip all depends on what the doctor says tomorrow. Surgery cancels it ALL! Demonstrating that I had followed all the doctor's directions and that we have all the devices needed, there should be no reason why we would need to cancel the trip, we'll just have to modify it!

What an adventure it has been!



4 comments:

  1. Sorry to read of this event. Never planned but healing coming. Praying for your days ahead, ease of pain, good sleep and fun somewhere in all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. Plenty of sleep achieved, along with pain management. There was more fun than I thought possible.

      Delete
  2. I hope all is well and you are healing correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healing correctly and on schedule. No pins needed. It's been a journey that is for sure.

      Delete