Saturday, March 9, 2019

Adventure #38 - Let's Go Racin'!

We usually save the midway for Saturday, but this year we did it both days. Some of the vendors that were there on Saturday weren't there Sunday, and vice versa. Granted, there weren't as many vendors as there is in November, but we were told that it is because it's not the playoffs or the chase for the championship as it was once called. But what was there was still fun and exciting?


Like the Oscar Mayer wiener mobile. It's been ages since we saw it. We even got whistles. But I forgot to get a picture of us with it. We were lucky, it was there on Sunday too.


With the sounds of practice all around on Saturday, the bands playing on Sunday, and the vendors excited to get you into their booth, it's a lot of fun!


We talked with these young boys on Sunday, (8-11) who are racing in the Lucas Oil Off Road Jr.1 Kart Series.


We asked them questions like a reporter would do. Where you from, how old are you, and how long have you been racing? I asked what it felt like to bump another car and was told, "That's against the rules!" Keeping it safe for young guys is good!


They even autographed their driver handout photos. They were so darn cute!

For the longest time, we couldn't enjoy the midway on Sunday due to the long lines to get up to our seats. That changed in 2014 (I think that was the year I worked hard to be able to climb the 39 stairs to our seats that were at the start/finish line.) When they changed the line, and we had to change our seats because of the remodel, they worked with us so that I climbed the least amount as possible. They also added escalators and more elevators to accommodate those unable to take the stairs.

Now we can enjoy things long because, as you can see, there is NO LINE! We got to our seats in time both days to see driver introductions. Wahoo!


 The winner was Kyle Busch! Both Saturday and Sunday! No pictures of his Sunday win. We left before the checkered flag dropped since we had to get on the road. Plus I already had pictures of his burnout and bow on Saturday!

    

Here are some of my favorite moments from the weekend...


We had extra tickets for both races and gave them to our daughter's friends. The kids were awesome! I have no idea what Elliot was doing sitting backward? His brother Easton enjoyed the radio and headset. Then out of the blue (well I knew he was coming, but I was still surprised) our son surprised his father. The look on hubby was epic!

I love these two with all my heart!


A car blew up in front of us! PEW!


Toward the end of the race, after the restarts, they would spread out in the dog-leg and enter turn one 5 abreast. It was crazy! Bonzi!!



On Saturday after the race, I didn't want to walk to the hill for Bella's potty time. I suggested we try the area where we use to walk Tucker. With all the changes done at the track, we never knew they changed it as well. Bella was happy, and I was glad I didn't have to walk to the hill. The hill took me longer since I had to stop and rest. There were times I wasn't sure I would make it back, but I always did. 


This area is flat and a mere 484 steps or 968 round trip, verses 1924 to the hill and back! Plus it's even prettier! There were more dogs to deal with, but she loves visiting with them. From here on out, this is where she will be doing her business from now on.

She also got a ramp since the stairs are hard for her too!


Well, that's about it for this adventure! We have two more to go. Had I not broke my shoulder in the beginning, we would be done. As it happens sometimes, God opened some doors so we could get the last two in.

Can't wait to experience where these last adventures are taking us!

No comments:

Post a Comment