Friday, November 9, 2018

Adventure #30 - The New Infield & Camping World Truck Race

Before heading into the infield, we had to exchange out tickets. Along the way we saw...


No more golf cart to the infield. We now walk (or ride your chair) under the track. No stairs, just a gradual decline until you get to the other side with an elevator and escalator. So nice!


Once on top, the views are incredible!!! If only my pictures came out. There is always the spring race to capture what we missed this time.

Other photos that didn't come out were of each garage, who was in each one, but in all the excitement, it wasn't even a thought until I began editing. Mental notes won't be forgotten, hopefully!

But once in the garages, access was great!

I got Ryan Blaneys autograph! If Jimmie retires, like I think he will be in two years, I think he could be my new guy. After all, #48, when added together, equals 12. Which is how I picked the #48 back in 2004. Rusty Wallace was retiring, and he had been my driver since the mid-'80s. He drove the #2 Miller car. Hubby's driver was the #24. I took my old number, times my hubby, and walla I became the #1 fan of the #48. Fifteen years later, I still am, but I am enjoying all the new younger drives moving up, and Ryan is one of them.









As you can see our time in the infield was awesome. It ended with qualifying for the Cup cars...

What a great line-up!

Now for the Truck Race...


Love our new flag stand! Love our seats! Love our view!


The dogleg had lots of action!


And the finish was spectacular!


Today was awesome! Tomorrow should be more of the same!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment