Friday, March 2, 2018

Adventure #5 ~ "The Strip" and the Camping World Truck Race.

Good Morning!

After a restless night, a trip down memory lane, observing the view we will have for the next 4 days, putting our passes together for the weekend, I'm ready for our first day at the track! 

All we have to do is grab our lanyards, and off we go to the races.

Before the races tonight, I felt up to an outing but first, we needed breakfast. Yes, hubby offered to make it, but Biscuits and Gravy sounded better. Especially if a chicken fried steak could be included. We found this place right at the track.
If you have the time, check it out. I didn't explore it like I would have liked to, so there are no pictures of all the autographs and photos on the walls of drivers, crews, and fans. Maybe in September when we come back I won't be so handicapped! 
We didn't make it into the park. Had to be postponed until September.
We did check out the Pawn Stars shop. Went in looking for a unique ring for our 40th Anniversary. One with a Ruby, but didn't find one I liked. That search will continue until we do.
We made it back to the track in plenty of time for the truck race. Got to our seats. Watched this vendor with his tricky cooler.
With the crazy winds, we made sure I was all bundled up, but I still wasn't able to last but one stage of the race.
Back at the RV, hubby got me all settled in, and we watched the rest of the race without the COLD winds wiping around us. 

Honestly, it was a whole new adventure getting back! Went out the wrong gate. Crossed the street at the wrong place to get back to our rig. Had to backtrack to get to the right place. Navigating the bumps was becoming difficult. Please, Lord, Jesus, get me through this!

And He did!

No comments:

Post a Comment