Saturday, March 3, 2018

Adventure #6 ~ Boyd Gaming 300

After yesterdays winds I was hoping they would have blown away. Afterall, according to the weather app on my phone, they were supposed to have moved on during the night. Well, maybe some of them did. It was still windy come race time. However, it was better than last evening. Being a day race helped, but they were still blowing come time for the green flag!
Everyone is bundled up, even the photographer!
What a lens? I wish I could have her job. I do have the eye for such position, but I would not be able to hold a camera with that big of a lens! Actually, neither can she, which is why there is a stand attached. It must add weight though which is why I am sure I could not manage something like that all day as would be expected.
My camera can zoom out pretty far, which is how I found this RV parked in the infield. I have liked this style since we went to a rally after buying the one we have. We plan to hang onto her until we are ready for our "FOREVER RV." When the time comes, something like this is what we want to get. We don't want it too long so we can still do our backroad travels, 30ft would be perfect. I love it for the front grill. Since the Class A's with that big window, allowing one to see the road go right under the rig FREAKS ME OUT!!!!

Fortunately here in Arizona, there is a place in Phoenix that sells just what I am looking for.

Someday!!!!
Add in the misfortune of a wreck, there is not a whole lot of metal protecting us. Plus this type says, "Stay out of my way!" when it's in the rearview mirror of the vehicle ahead.
While I was zooming around with my camera, pit stops began...
Ryan Blaney in the 22 car, sure wanted Kyle Larson in the 42 to get out of his way!
Watching the action on pit lane is probably one of my favorite things to capture.
Kyle Larson won the race, I might have missed him crossing the finish line, but I did capture him doing his victory lap.
All in all, it was a great race...
We headed back to the RV, this time making sure we went the right route, eliminating the possibility of repeating of last nights adventure.

Hubby cooked us a great meal, found a movie to watch, and I fell asleep before the end of it. 

Can't wait to see what adventures tomorrow brings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment