Sunday, September 23, 2018

Adventure #27 - The Wedding


It was such an honor to be part of their day.
They'd been dating for what seemed like forever!

It was an evening wedding, allowing us to do some running around.

We took some flowers to my mom and said a prayer. I never miss seeing her whenever we are in town. This year she'll have three visits. They are never the same moments, but our memories are the moments that remain the same. Way before she died, and since we moved away, we had so many awesome talks, some tears, and laughs that would bring tears too. We also kept in touch through letters. Of course, she mailed more than I sent. Mine would be of times covering a few months. Hers would be of what she did the day before, who she saw, recipes shared, and more. Now it's all me doing the talking, go figure! It's the soft breeze across my cheek that allows me to feel her responses. I'll be blessed tonight when I sleep, for I know she will come to my dreams, taking her place at the wedding table.  


We had time for lunch, so we checked out a place hubby's friend recommended.


It was so delicious!
More food than we could eat!
They will make great leftovers tomorrow for our trip home.

After getting all dolled up and hubby looking very dapper, we headed to the venue. 


Vows were going to be said under this old oak tree.
As we sat there and I click its picture, I remember a poem from my wedding by, Kahlil Gibran's, On Marriage from "The Prophet."

On Marriage

 Kahlil Gibran


You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. 

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music. 

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.


The adorable couple are both SF GIANTS fans!
Bits and pieces of a coach talking to his players was pleasantly added to the ceremony. 
It expressed the feelings of the couple perfectly.


It was a beautiful ceremony. 
Their cute little flower girl kept herself busy with her rose petals. 


The guest tables looked fabulous!
That is my oldest sister in the background.


We also got a picture of us 5 siblings together.
It had been 18 years since we have had our picture taken together.
Over that time, there was always one or two missing.
Can't wait to see how the professional photos came out.

After all the traditional stuff, I was encouraged to join a dance.
It was so much fun, but with it came consequences.
We had to leave abruptly after.
 We left for home the next morning, stopping at my best friends house for lunch.
We had a great visit.
They pulled out the old school yearbook from 1971/72 when her hubby and mine were in junior high. Though my hubby was a year older, her hubby was my age. I was in the 9th-grade book only since it was my first year at a public school. 


We made it to our RV Park in Bakersfield rather late, but our reservation was taped to the door. We have decided, and until we find anything else so convenient and as pleasant, River Run will be our halfway stop to and from Napa for now. It's our third time there, and we weren't disappointed.
Those leftovers from Fridays lunch, mixed with the leftovers from our lunch yesterday, were scrumdiddlyumptious! 

We were up bright and early the next morning.
We had lunch at our favorite road trip diner.


Pulled into our drive well before sunset and welcomed by a happy "Grand" that we were home. Of course, he was excited to see which two race cars I brought home this time. It won't be long before he has the complete NASCAR driver lineup!

After some rest, I'll be ready for another adventure.
There are no other adventures, but doctor appointments, for October.
I guess holding our 10th Annual Boo Bash could be considered an adventure!








No comments:

Post a Comment